TeenForce is a self-sustaining non-profit organization that helps youth (ages 14-24) gain work experience. We provide work readiness training, skills development and job placement services. Our staffing agency model makes it convenient and cost-effective for employers to hire teens and generates revenue to support our activities. Teens in our program gain confidence and skills while improving adult/teen relationships. Teens become healthy, caring and responsible young adults who have important roles in the community. We help teens increase importantdevelopmental assets
and help schools in developing "career ready
" youth, while addressing the problem of teen employment
, which is at a 62-year low.
Schedule and hours
- Assist elementary, middle school, and high school students in academic subjects in classrooms and tutorial labs. Tutor positions provide encouragement and information necessary for students to increase their academic achievement and enter the college or training program of their choice.
- 8-20 hours per week during the academic school year. Occasional Saturday work
- Typically work between 7:00AM- 5:00PM
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
DISCLAIMER: APPLYING TO THIS JOB STILL REQUIRES A TEENFORCE INTERVIEW FIRST, AND THEN IF TEENFORCE THINKS YOU ARE READY FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH THE CLIENT, WE WILL SET THAT UP. WE WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERY PERSON WE SEND ON INTERVIEWS WITH COMPANIES IS WORK-READY, RESPONSIBLE, PROFESSIONAL TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, assertive, and good judgement
- Ability to meet with students at least twice per week between 7:00 AM- 5:00PM
- Needs to be a positive role model to teens
- Reliable transportation
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Fingerprinting/background check is required prior to employment
- Must be between 18-24 years old
- Undergraduate (at first year)
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be responsible
- Must have professional communication skills
| phone (408) 827-3078 | fax (408) 402-8360 | 17666 Crest Ave. Morgan Hill, CA. 95037